A fabulous table setting for a party.
- An example of fabulous is a fantasy tale.
- An example of fabulous is a very extravagant party.
- An example of fabulous is a perfect date.
The definition of fabulous is someone or something that is imaginary, hard to believe or very good.
- of or like a fable; imaginary, fictitious, or legendary
- hard to believe; incredible; astounding
- Informal very good; wonderful
Origin of fabulousMiddle English from Classical Latin fabulosus, fabled from fabula
- Extremely pleasing or successful: a fabulous vacation.
- Barely credible; astonishing: the fabulous endurance of a marathon runner.
- a. Of the nature of a fable or myth; legendary.b. Told of or celebrated in fables or legends.
Origin of fabulousMiddle English mythical from Old French fabuleux from Latin fābulōsus from fābula fable ; see fable .
(comparative more fabulous, superlative most fabulous)
- In the sense of wonderful, the word may become associated with gay men. This may be the direct result of its former usage among valley girls.