fabulous[fab′yo̵̅o̅ ləs, -yə-]
A fabulous table setting for a party.
- The definition of fabulous is someone or something that is imaginary, hard to believe or very good.
- An example of fabulous is a fantasy tale.
- An example of fabulous is a very extravagant party.
- An example of fabulous is a perfect date.
- of or like a fable; imaginary, fictitious, or legendary
- hard to believe; incredible; astounding
- Informal very good; wonderful
Origin of fabulousMiddle English ; from Classical Latin fabulosus, fabled ; from fabula
- Extremely pleasing or successful: a fabulous vacation.
- Barely credible; astonishing: the fabulous endurance of a marathon runner.
- a. Of the nature of a fable or myth; legendary.b. Told of or celebrated in fables or legends.
Origin of fabulousMiddle English, mythical, from Old French fabuleux, from Latin fābulōsus, from fābula, fable; see fable.
(comparative more fabulous, superlative most fabulous)
- In the sense of wonderful, the word may become associated with gay men. This may be the direct result of its former usage among valley girls.