- The definition of fabulous is someone or something that is imaginary, hard to believe or very good.
- An example of fabulous is a fantasy tale.
- An example of fabulous is a very extravagant party.
- An example of fabulous is a perfect date.
A fabulous table setting for a party.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- of or like a fable; imaginary, fictitious, or legendary
- hard to believe; incredible; astounding
- Informal very good; wonderful
Origin: Middle English ; from Classical Latin fabulosus, fabled ; from fabula
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Barely credible; astonishing: the fabulous endurance of a marathon runner.
- Extremely pleasing or successful: a fabulous vacation.
- a. Of the nature of a fable or myth; legendary.b. Told of or celebrated in fables or legends.
Origin: Middle English, mythical, from Old French fabuleux, from Latin fābulōsus, from fābula, fable; see fable.
- fabˈu·lous·ly adverb
- fabˈu·lous·ness noun