- The definition of outrageous is someone or something that is not in good taste, violent or extremely unusual.
- An example of outrageous behavior is something that is done in a very offensive way.
- An example of outrageous dressing, is someone who dresses in a very unusual way.
- having the nature of, involving, or doing great injury or wrong
- exceeding all bounds of decency or reasonableness; very offensive or shocking
- violent in action or disposition; unrestrained
Origin: OFr outrageus: see outrage and amp; -ous
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Grossly offensive to decency or morality.b. Being well beyond the bounds of good taste: outrageous epithets.
- Having no regard for morality.
- Violent or unrestrained in temperament or behavior.
- a. Extremely unusual or unconventional; extraordinary: loved to dress in outrageous clothing; found some outrageous bargains.b. Being beyond all reason; extravagant or immoderate: spends an outrageous amount on entertainment.
- out·raˈgeous·ly adverb
- out·raˈgeous·ness noun