horrible[hôr′ə bəl, här′-]
- The definition of horrible is something very frightful, dreadful or shocking.
Sour milk is an example of something that would be described as tasting horrible.
- causing a feeling of horror; terrible; dreadful; frightful
- Informal very bad, ugly, shocking, unpleasant, etc.
Origin of horribleMiddle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin horribilis ; from horrere: see horrid
- Arousing or tending to arouse horror; dreadful: “War is beyond all words horrible” (Winston S. Churchill).
- Very unpleasant; disagreeable.
Origin of horribleMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin horribilis, from horrēre, to tremble.
(comparative horribler or more horrible, superlative horriblest or most horrible)