- The definition of acceptable is something that is good enough to satisfy a need.
An example of an acceptable substitute for an alcoholic beverage would be sparkling cider.
acceptable definition by Webster's New World
- worth accepting; satisfactory or, sometimes, merely adequate
- tolerable; bearable
acceptable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Worthy of being accepted.
- Adequate to satisfy a need, requirement, or standard; satisfactory.
- ac·ceptˌa·bilˈi·ty, ac·ceptˈa·ble·ness noun
- ac·ceptˈa·bly adverb