A palatable meal.
- An example of palatable is a description you would use for a dinner that included foods that were not your favorites.
- An example of palatable is a description you would use for an idea that someone has come up with that you can deal with, even if it wouldn't be your first choice.
The definition of palatable is something that is either satisfactory or, in the case of food or drink, that is fit to consume.
- pleasant or acceptable to the taste; fit to be eaten or drunk
- acceptable to the mind; satisfactory or tolerable
Origin of palatablepalat(e) + -able
- Acceptable to the taste; sufficiently agreeable in flavor to be eaten.
- Acceptable or agreeable to the mind or sensibilities: a palatable solution to the problem.
- pal′at·a·bil′i·ty, pal′at·a·ble·ness
(comparative more palatable, superlative most palatable)
palate +"Ž -able