- The definition of palatable is something that is either satisfactory or, in the case of food or drink, that is fit to consume.
- An example of palatable is a description you would use for a dinner that included foods that were not your favorites.
- An example of palatable is a description you would use for an idea that someone has come up with that you can deal with, even if it wouldn't be your first choice.
A palatable meal.
palatable definition by Webster's New World
- pleasant or acceptable to the taste; fit to be eaten or drunk
- acceptable to the mind
Origin: palat(e) plush -able
palatable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Acceptable to the taste; sufficiently agreeable in flavor to be eaten.
- Acceptable or agreeable to the mind or sensibilities: a palatable solution to the problem.
- palˌat·a·bilˈi·ty, palˈat·a·ble·ness noun
- palˌat·a·bly adverb