The definition of palatable is something that is either satisfactory or, in the case of food or drink, that is fit to consume.adjective
- An example of palatable is a description you would use for a dinner that included foods that were not your favorites.
- An example of palatable is a description you would use for an idea that someone has come up with that you can deal with, even if it wouldn't be your first choice.
- pleasant or acceptable to the taste; fit to be eaten or drunk
- acceptable to the mind
Origin: palat(e) + -able
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Acceptable to the taste; sufficiently agreeable in flavor to be eaten.
- Acceptable or agreeable to the mind or sensibilities: a palatable solution to the problem.
- palˌat·a·bilˈi·ty, palˈat·a·ble·ness noun
- palˌat·a·bly adverb