The definition of delightful is someone or something that is charming or that causes happiness and joy.
An example of something that would be described as delightful is a charming movie that you really enjoy watching.
(comparative more delightful, superlative most delightful)
delight + -ful
- It was a delightful surprise.
- What a delightful boy he was!
- The town is delightful; much nicer than a mythical Idaho location they'd like me to believe.
- Alex was a delightful companion.
- "That's delightful music!" said he.