- The definition of idyllic is peaceful, tranquil or pretty.
An idyllic river scene.
idyllic definition by Webster's New World
- of, or having the nature of, an idyll
- pleasing and simple; pastoral or picturesque
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- idyllically adverb
idyllic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or having the nature of an idyll.
- Simple and carefree: an idyllic vacation in a seashore cottage.
- i·dylˈli·cal·ly adverb