- The definition of peaceful is someone or something that is calm, non-violent or friendly.
- An example of peaceful is a person in deep meditation.
- An example of peaceful is a quiet protest.
A peaceful moment.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- not quarrelsome; peaceable
- characterized by peace; free from disturbance or disorder; calm; quiet; tranquil
- of or characteristic of a time of peace
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Undisturbed by strife, turmoil, or disagreement; tranquil. See Synonyms at calm.
- Inclined or disposed to peace; peaceable.
- Of or characteristic of a condition of peace.
- peaceˈful·ly adverb
- peaceˈful·ness noun