- not quarrelsome; peaceable
- characterized by peace; free from disturbance or disorder; calm; quiet; tranquil
- of or characteristic of a time of peace
A peaceful moment.
- An example of peaceful is a person in deep meditation.
- An example of peaceful is a quiet protest.
The definition of peaceful is someone or something that is calm, non-violent or friendly.
- Undisturbed by strife, turmoil, or disagreement; tranquil: a peaceful hike through the forest. See Synonyms at calm.
- Inclined or disposed to peace; peaceable: a peaceful solution to the dispute.
- Not involving violence or employing force: a peaceful protest.
(comparative peacefuller or more peaceful, superlative peacefullest or most peaceful)
- peace offering
- peace officer
peace +"Ž -ful
- It was so peaceful here.
- It was so peaceful out here - like another world.
- Our guests deserve a quiet and peaceful visit.
- It was after nine before the two had time to talk, and come to some sort of peaceful understanding.
- A peaceful quiet settled over them until she spoke again.