- The definition of excited is someone or something that has enthusiasm or is emotionally aroused.
An example of excited is a barking dog when the mailman comes to the door.
- Excited is defined as making someone feel emotions, or having an increased activity level.
- A play with lots of sex and violence is an example of something that excited the audience.
- Protestors and police are an example of people who were excited.
An excited little boy.
excited definition by Webster's New World
- emotionally aroused; agitated
- Physics in a state of excitation
- excitedly adverb
excited definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Being in a state of excitement; emotionally aroused; stirred.
- Physics Being at an energy level higher than the ground state.
- ex·citˈed·ly adverb
Variant of excite
- to put into motion or activity; stir up: tapping on the hive excited the bees
- to call forth; arouse; provoke: the rumors excited her curiosity
- to arouse the feelings or passions of: the news excited us
- to supply electric current to (the field winding of a motor, generator, or other device); also, to produce in this way a magnetic field in
- to supply a signal to (any stage of a vacuum-tube or transistor circuit)
- Physics to raise (a nucleus, atom, etc.) to a higher energy state
- Physiol. to produce or increase the response of (an organism, organ, tissue, etc.) to a proper stimulus
Origin: Middle English exciten ; from Old French exciter ; from Classical Latin excitare, to call forth, excite, frequentative of exciere, to call forth ; from ex-, out plush past participle of ciere, to call, summon: see cite