delirious[di lir′ē əs]
- The definition of delirious is being in a disturbed and incoherent state or wildly excited.
- An example of delirious is a person who has suffered a head injury and doesn't know where he is or who he is.
- An example of delirious is a person who has just had a new baby and is wild with excitement.
This man is delirious with excitement.
- in a state of delirium; raving incoherently
- of, characteristic of, or caused by delirium
- wildly excited: delirious with joy
Origin of deliriousClassical Latin deliriosus: see delirium and amp; -ous
- Of, suffering from, or characteristic of delirium.
- Marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion; ecstatic: delirious joy; a crowd of delirious baseball fans.
(comparative more delirious, superlative most delirious)