- Simple past tense and past participle of balance.
(comparative more balanced, superlative most balanced)
- Containing elements in appropriate proportion.
- He believed he rarely got sick because of his balanced diet.
balanced - Computer Definition
- Referring to electrical symmetry. A balanced line or balanced medium such as twisted pair, in which both twisted pair conductors serve for signal transmission and reception. Each conductor carries a similar electrical signal with identical direct and return current paths.At any given point in the cable, the signals are equal in voltage to ground but opposite in polarity, which has the effect of reducing radiated energy and, therefore, reducing attenuation. See also unbalanced and UTP.
- Referring to symmetrical relationship. For example, the X.25 protocol suite includes Link Access Procedure-Balanced (LAP-B), a balanced protocol that operates in Asynchronous Balanced Mode (ABM), which refers to the fact that the devices have a balanced, rather than a master/slave, relationship.Therefore, a device at either end of the link can initiate a dialogue at any time. See also ABM, LAP-B, master/slave, and X.25.