- being at the center
- having (a specified thing) as the focus of interest or activity: used in hyphenated compounds: consumer-centered
- mentally and emotionally stable; balanced; collected
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Being at or placed in the center.
- Having a specified center. Often used in combination: a soft-centered candy; a yellow-centered daisy.
- Self-confident, goal-oriented, and well-balanced: “He's a centered guy. He's always seemed to know what he wanted, and gone after it in a concrete way” (Vanity Fair).
- cenˈtered·ness noun