An Eastern Church in the Ukraine.
Eastern Church definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Historical the Christian Church in much of the eastern part of the Roman Empire, consisting of the four patriarchates in eastern Europe, western Asia, and Egypt, headed by the bishops of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem
- Eastern Orthodox Church
- collectively, the Eastern Christian churches in communion with the Western churches
Eastern Church definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The church of the Byzantine Empire, including the patriarchates of Constantinople, Antioch, Alexandria, and Jerusalem.
- The Eastern Orthodox Church.
- often Eastern church A Uniat church.