The potential homeowners met the realtor at the Open House.
Met is defined as two or more people or things have come together or connected.
An example of met is when two people were introduced at a party.
Past tense and past participle of meet1
Variant of meta-
- Simple past tense and past participle of meet.
- (London) The London Underground Metropolitan Line
- (London, historical) The Metropolitan Railway
- (London) The Metropolitan Police Service of London (MPS)
- (US, with “the") The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
- (New York, art, with “the") The current or historical Metropolitan Opera House or its opera company.
- (London, informal) A Metropolitan Line train
- (baseball) A player for the New York Mets
Abbreviation of metropolitan
- His solemn gaze met hers.
- I have never met someone who returned from another country saying, Man, those guys are such jerks.
- I have never yet met a man who was quite awake.
- The day she met him he had been riding on the road.
- Wolf! they cried, as they met another farmer coming over the hill.