- Satisfied is defined as contented or fulfilled.
If you've just eaten a delicious meal and are full, this is an example of when your appetite issatisfied.
- Filled with satisfaction; content: a very satisfied customer.
- Paid or discharged in full, as a debt or obligation.
- Convinced beyond a doubt.
Variant of satisfy
- to fulfill the needs, expectations, wishes, or desires of (someone); content; gratify
- to fulfill or answer the requirements or conditions of (something)
- to comply with (rules, standards, or obligations)
- to free from doubt or anxiety; convince
- to answer (a doubt, objection, etc.) adequately or convincingly; solve
- to give what is due to
- to discharge (an obligation, debt, etc.); settle in full
- to make reparation to or for
Origin: Middle English satisfyen from Old French satisfier from Classical Latin satisfacere from satis, enough (see sad) plush facere, to make (see do)
- satisfier noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.