- Satisfied is defined as contented or fulfilled.
If you've just eaten a delicious meal and are full, this is an example of when your appetite issatisfied.
- Simple past tense and past participle of satisfy.
(comparative more satisfied, superlative most satisfied)
- In a state of satisfaction.
- I'm satisfied with what you have done for your homework, so you can watch television now.
Variant of satisfy
transitive verbsatisfied, satisfying
- to fulfill the needs, expectations, wishes, or desires of (someone); content; gratify
- to fulfill or answer the requirements or conditions of (something)
- to comply with (rules, standards, or obligations)
- to free from doubt or anxiety; convince
- to answer (a doubt, objection, etc.) adequately or convincingly; solve
- to give what is due to
- to discharge (an obligation, debt, etc.); settle in full
- to make reparation to or for
Origin of satisfyMiddle English satisfyen ; from Old French satisfier ; from Classical Latin satisfacere ; from satis, enough (see sad) + facere, to make (see do)