- The definition of abandoned is something that is unwanted and left behind.
A car left to rot in a junk yard by the owners is an example of abandoned.
- Abandoned is defined as unconfined and unconcerned with social norms or restraints.
An example of a person acting with abandoned behavior is someone who steals a car and goes on a rampage without regard to the consequences.
An old abandoned truck.
- given up; forsaken; deserted
- shamefully wicked; immoral
- Deserted; forsaken.
- Exuberantly enthusiastic.
- Recklessly unrestrained.
- Simple past tense and past participle of abandon.
Past tense of the verb to abandon.
(comparative more abandoned, superlative most abandoned)
- Self-abandoned, or given up to vice; immoral; extremely wicked, or sinning without restraint; irreclaimably wicked; as, an abandoned villain. [First attested from 1350 to 1470]
- No longer maintained by its former owners, residents, or caretakers; forsaken, deserted. [Late 15th century.]
- Your abandoned streams. - Thomson
- Free from constraint; uninhibited. [Late 17th century.]
- (geology) No longer being acted upon by the geologic forces that formed it.