- The definition of abandoned is something that is unwanted and left behind.
A car left to rot in a junk yard by the owners is an example of abandoned.
- Abandoned is defined as unconfined and unconcerned with social norms or restraints.
An example of a person acting with abandoned behavior is someone who steals a car and goes on a rampage without regard to the consequences.
An old abandoned truck.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- given up; forsaken; deserted
- shamefully wicked; immoral
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Deserted; forsaken.
- Exuberantly enthusiastic.
- Recklessly unrestrained.