An example of someone who would be described as egocentric is a selfish person who plans his dinner party menu around his favorites, not taking into consideration the needs of his guests.
- viewing everything in relation to oneself; self-centered
- Philos. based on the belief that the world exists or can be known only in relation to the individual's mind
- Holding the view that the ego is the center, object, and norm of all experience.
- a. Confined in attitude or interest to one's own needs or affairs.b. Caring only about oneself; selfish.
- Philosophy a. Viewed or perceived from one's own mind as a center.b. Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.
- e′go·cen·tric′i·ty , e′go·cen′trism
(comparative more egocentric, superlative most egocentric)
- A person who is egocentric.