- The definition of selfless is being more concerned with the needs of others than with your own needs.
An example of selfless is a mother's devotion to her child causing her to always puts the child's needs first, before her own.
- devoted to others' welfare or interests and not one's own; unselfish; altruistic
- showing or prompted by unselfishness or altruism; self-sacrificing: a selfless act
(comparative more selfless, superlative most selfless)
- Having, exhibiting or motivated by no concern for oneself but for others; unselfish.
- In a selfless act of gratitude for saving his mother's life, Peter committed to giving money to his local breast cancer charity each year for the rest of his life.
self +â€Ž -less