The definition of agape is dropping your jaw in surprise or wonder.adverb
When you hear something so wonderful that your mouth automatically opens wide, that is an example of your mouth agape.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- with or as with the mouth wide open, in surprise, wonder, etc.; gaping
- wide open
Origin: a- + gape
- a meal that early Christians ate together
- Christian Theol.
- God's love for humanity
- spontaneous, altruistic love
Origin: LL(Ec) < LGr agapē < Gr agapan, to greet with affection, love
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adverb & adj.
- In a state of wonder or amazement, as with the mouth wide open.
- Wide open.
- Christianity Love as revealed in Jesus, seen as spiritual and selfless and a model for humanity.
- Love that is spiritual, not sexual, in its nature.
- Christianity In the early Christian Church, the love feast accompanied by Eucharistic celebration.
Origin: Greek agapē, love.