- devoted to others' welfare or interests and not one's own; unselfish; altruistic
- showing or prompted by unselfishness or altruism; self-sacrificing: a selfless act
Todd was overwhelmed with gratitude by his wife's selfless act of donating her kidney to his sister.
An example of selfless is a mother's devotion to her child causing her to always puts the child's needs first, before her own.
(comparative more selfless, superlative most selfless)
- Having, exhibiting or motivated by no concern for oneself but for others; unselfish.
- In a selfless act of gratitude for saving his mother's life, Peter committed to giving money to his local breast cancer charity each year for the rest of his life.
self +"Ž -less
- Rabbits are not the most powerful of the Chinese astrological signs, but they are one of the most selfless.
- Karma Yoga: This branch involves selfless service and purification of the mind.
- Besides their inherent beauty, it is their inherent legacy of heroism and brotherhood of selfless assistance during the worst of tragedies that make them desirable to feel a part of and to own.
- In addition to meditation and chanting, Siddha Yoga practices include retreats and selfless service.
- He loved her fresh innocence, her selfless courage.