The definition of timid is shy and fearful.adjective
An example of timid is a scared and lost child.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- easily frightened; lacking self-confidence; shy; timorous
- showing fear or lack of self-confidence; hesitant: a timid reply
Origin: L timidus < timere, to fear
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective tim·id·er, tim·id·est
- Lacking self-confidence; shy.
- Fearful and hesitant: problems that call for bold, not timid, responses.
Origin: Latin timidus, from timēre, to fear.
- ti·midˈi·ty, timˈid·ness noun
- timˈid·ly adverb