- Psychol. characterized by extroversion (sense )
- outgoing and socially active
The definition of extroverted is someone outgoing and at ease talking to others, in a crowd or as the center of attention.
An outgoing and bubbly person with lots of friends who is always out on the town is an example of someone who would be described as extroverted.
Characterized by interest in and behavior directed toward others or the environment rather than oneself; gregarious or outgoing.
(comparative more extroverted, superlative most extroverted)
- The solitary pounding of the pavement during a jog or the self-imposed isolation of standing in a corner lifting weights can get a bit tedious, especially for an extroverted person who thrives in the company of others.
- Although she continuously delivered good photographs, her extroverted personality sometimes bothered the judges because she was sometimes considered rude.
- In general, most people tend to fall under either being more extroverted or more introverted.
- From that standpoint, it's easy to find something that will appeal to specific personalities; there's a beach towel out there for everyone, from the low-key to the more extroverted types.
- Homeopathic opium is used for those who have a history of emotional and/or physical pain while lachesis is given to those that are charismatic, extroverted or angry.