- The definition of forthcoming refers to something that is about to happen, or to someone who is willing to openly share information.
- An example of forthcoming is a party that is going to happen tomorrow.
- An example of forthcoming is a person who tells his life story to anyone he meets.
forthcoming definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- about to appear; approaching: the author's forthcoming book
- available or ready when needed: the promised help was not forthcoming
- friendly, communicative, outgoing, etc.
- open; frank; direct
a coming forth; approach
forthcoming definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- About to appear or take place; approaching: the forthcoming elections.
- a. Available when required or as promised: Federal funds were not forthcoming.b. Affable and outgoing: a considerate, forthcoming person.c. Candid and willing to cooperate.
The act or an instance of coming forth.