- The definition of sociable is someone or a group of people who are friendly, welcoming and ready for activities.
- A friendly little town with lots of opportunities for social activities is an example of a sociable town.
- A person who is friendly and who likes to go out with friends and do fun things is an example of someone who is sociable.
sociable definition by Webster's New World
- enjoying or requiring the company of others; gregarious
- friendly or agreeable; affable
- characterized by pleasant, informal conversation and companionship: a sociable evening
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin sociabilis ; from sociare, to associate ; from socius: see social
sociable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Fond of the company of others; gregarious.
- Marked by or affording occasion for agreeable conversation and conviviality. See Synonyms at social.
- Pleasant, friendly, and affable. See Synonyms at gracious.
Origin: French, from Latin sociābilis, from sociāre, to share, join, from socius, companion; see sekw-1 in Indo-European roots.
- soˈcia·ble·ness noun
- soˈcia·bly adverb