- The definition of sociable is someone or a group of people who are friendly, welcoming and ready for activities.
- A friendly little town with lots of opportunities for social activities is an example of a sociable town.
- A person who is friendly and who likes to go out with friends and do fun things is an example of someone who is sociable.
- enjoying or requiring the company of others; gregarious
- friendly or agreeable; affable
- characterized by pleasant, informal conversation and companionship: a sociable evening
Origin of sociableFrench ; from Classical Latin sociabilis ; from sociare, to associate ; from socius: see social
☆ a social, esp. a church social
- Fond of the company of others; gregarious: a sociable party guest.
- Marked by or affording occasion for agreeable conversation and conviviality. See Synonyms at social.
Origin of sociableFrench, from Latin sociābilis, from sociāre, to share, join, from socius, companion; see sekw-1 in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more sociable, superlative most sociable)
- Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
- He's normally pretty quiet, but he gets much more sociable around women.
- Offering opportunities for conversation; characterized by much conversation.
- a sociable party
- (archaic) Capable of being, or fit to be, united in one body or company; associable.
socialize +"Ž -able