- a person or thing that mixes; specif.,
- a person with reference to his or her ability to get along with others: a good mixer
- an electric appliance for mixing or beating foods
- a machine for mixing: concrete mixer
- a person responsible for combining and balancing visual or sound sources, as for film soundtracks, radio or TV broadcasts, etc.
- a social gathering, as a dance, for getting people acquainted with one another
- a beverage, as soda water or ginger ale, for mixing with alcoholic liquor
- a device or circuit for combining carriers of differing frequencies to produce a desired carrier
- an electrical apparatus in which signals from various audio sources are combined in desired proportions
- One that mixes: a mixer of concrete; a mixer of drinks.
- A sociable person: She's outgoing and a good mixer.
- An informal dance or party arranged to give members of a group an opportunity to get acquainted.
- A device that blends or mixes substances or ingredients, especially by mechanical agitation.
- A nonalcoholic beverage, such as soda water or ginger ale, used in mixed drinks.
- Electronics a. One who mixes the audio components of a recording.b. A device used to combine and adjust sounds from a variety of sources in order to create a final recorded audio product, such as the soundtrack of a movie.
- Someone or something who mixes; the agent noun of mix.
- A machine outfitted with (typically blunt) blades with which it mixes or beats ingredients in a bowl below.
- A non-alcoholic drink (such as lemonade, Coca-Cola or fruit juice) that is added to spirits to make cocktails.
- Do we have any mixers? I don't want to drink this vodka neat.
- mixing console