- a person or thing that mixes; specif.,
- ☆ a person with reference to the ability to get along with others: a good mixer
- an electric appliance for mixing or beating foods
- a machine for mixing: concrete mixer
- a person responsible for combining and balancing visual or sound sources, as for film soundtracks, radio or TV broadcasts, etc.
- a social gathering, as a dance, for getting people acquainted with one another
- a beverage, as soda water or ginger ale, for mixing with alcoholic liquor
- a device or circuit for combining carriers of differing frequencies to produce a desired carrier
- an electrical apparatus in which signals from various audio sources are combined in desired proportions
See mixer in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that mixes: a mixer of concrete; a mixer of drinks.
- A sociable person: She's outgoing and a good mixer.
- An informal dance or party arranged to give members of a group an opportunity to get acquainted.
- A device that blends or mixes substances or ingredients, especially by mechanical agitation.
- A nonalcoholic beverage, such as soda water or ginger ale, used in mixed drinks.
a. One who mixes the audio components of a recording.
b. A device used to combine and adjust sounds from a variety of sources in order to create a final recorded audio product, such as the soundtrack of a movie.
Learn more about mixer