- Historical an effervescent solution of water, acid, and sodium bicarbonate
- water charged under pressure with carbon dioxide gas, used in ice-cream sodas or as a chaser or mix
- soda pop
- a. See carbonated water.b. See soft drink.
- A solution of water, baking soda, and acid.
- carbonated water, water that has carbon dioxide dissolved in it and has been stored under pressure in a bottle. Usually mixed before drinking with another beverage.
- "Scotch and soda" - a mixture of Scotch whisky and soda water.
From sodium bicarbonate, originally a constituent of soda water.