transitive verbsocialized, socializing
- to make social; adjust to or make fit for cooperative group living
- to adapt or make conform to the common needs of a social group
- to subject to governmental ownership and control; nationalize
- to cause to become socialist
verbso·cial·ized, so·cial·iz·ing, so·cial·iz·es
- To place under government or group ownership or control: socialized medical care.
- To cause to accept or behave in accordance with social norms or expectations: techniques to socialize aggressive children.
(third-person singular simple present socializes, present participle socializing, simple past and past participle socialized)
social +"Ž -ize