socialize definition by Webster's New World
transitive verb socialized, socializing
- to make social; adjust to or make fit for cooperative group living
- to adapt or make conform to the common needs of a social group
- to subject to governmental ownership and control; nationalize
- to cause to become socialist
to take part in social activity
socialize definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb so·cial·ized, so·cial·iz·ing, so·cial·iz·es verb, transitive
- To place under government or group ownership or control.
- To make fit for companionship with others; make sociable.
- To convert or adapt to the needs of society.
To take part in social activities.
- soˌcial·i·zaˈtion noun
- soˈcial·izˌer noun