- Liberation is defined as being set free, or obtaining equal rights.
- An example of liberation is when a prisoner is set free from prison.
- An example of liberation is allowing homosexual couples to be married.
liberation definition by Webster's New World
- a liberating or being liberated
- ☆ the securing of equal social and economic rights: women's liberation movement
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- liberationist noun
liberation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
- The act or process of trying to achieve equal rights and status.
- libˌer·aˈtion·ist noun