- The definition of a superstructure is a building or part of a building built above the foundation.
An example of a superstructure is the lobby and floors in a high rise building.
- a structure built on top of another: sometimes used figuratively
- that part of a building above the foundation
- that part of a ship above the main deck
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A physical or conceptual structure extended or developed from a basic form.
- The part of a building or other structure above the foundation.
- The parts of a ship's structure above the main deck.
- The rails, sleepers, and other parts of a railway.
- In Marxist theory, the ideologies or institutions of a society as distinct from the basic processes and direct social relations of material production and economics.
superstructure - Medical Definition