middleweight definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- one of average weight
- a boxer between a junior middleweight and a super middleweight, with a maximum weight of 160 pounds (72.58 kg)
middleweight definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 160 pounds (72 kilograms), between junior middleweight and super middleweight.
- A boxer competing in this weight division.
- A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
- A contestant in this weight division.