Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- one of average weight
- a boxer between a junior middleweight and a super middleweight, with a maximum weight of 160 pounds (72.58 kg)
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 160 pounds (72 kilograms), between junior middleweight and super middleweight.
- A boxer competing in this weight division.
- A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
- A contestant in this weight division.