- a person born or living in Arabia
- a member of a Semitic people originating in Arabia but now widely scattered throughout surrounding lands
- a member of a people whose native language is Arabic
- Arabian ()
- a waif left to roam the streets; street Arab
Origin of ArabMiddle English Arabes (pl.) ; from Classical Latin Arabes, Arabs, an Arab ; from Classical Greek Araps, plural Arabes ; from Arabic uncertain or unknown; perhaps arab
- A member of a Semitic people inhabiting Arabia, whose language and Islamic religion spread widely throughout the Middle East and northern Africa from the seventh century.
- A member of an Arabic-speaking people.
- An Arabian horse.
Origin of ArabFrench Arabe, from Latin Arabs, from Greek Araps, Arab-, from Arabic ‘arab.
- Of or pertaining to Arabs and their nations.
From Arabic عرب (ʿarab, “Arabs”) or عربي (ʿarabiy, “Arab, Arabic”, adjective).