- The definition of unkind is cruel or inconsiderate of others.
- An example of someone unkind is a very strict, mean school principal.
- An example of something unkind is a person taking a treat from the hand of a child.
This girl is being unkind to the other.
not kind; specif.,
- not sympathetic to or considerate of others
- harsh, severe, cruel, rigorous, etc.
- Lacking kindness; inconsiderate or unsympathetic.
- Harsh; severe: unkind winters.
(comparative unkinder or more unkind, superlative unkindest or most unkind)
From un- +â€Ž kind.