The definition of unkind is cruel or inconsiderate of others.adjective
- An example of someone unkind is a very strict, mean school principal.
- An example of something unkind is a person taking a treat from the hand of a child.
- not sympathetic to or considerate of others
- harsh, severe, cruel, rigorous, etc.
- unkindness noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective un·kind·er, un·kind·est
- Lacking kindness; inconsiderate or unsympathetic.
- Harsh; severe: unkind winters.
- un·kindˈness noun