- The definition of inclement is cold, wet or unpleasant weather.
A blizzard is an example of inclement weather.
Rush hour traffic in inclement weather.
- rough; severe; stormy: inclement weather
- lacking mercy or leniency; harsh
Origin of inclementClassical Latin inclemens: see in- and amp; clement
- Stormy: inclement weather.
- Showing no clemency; unmerciful.
(comparative more inclement, superlative most inclement)
- Stormy, of rough weather
- 1922, Ben Travers, chapter 4, A Cuckoo in the Nest:
- By some paradoxical evolution rancour and intolerance have been established in the vanguard of primitive Christianity. Mrs. Spoker, in common with many of the stricter disciples of righteousness, was as inclement in demeanour as she was cadaverous in aspect.
- (archaic) Unmercifully severe in temper or action.