- An example of something sunny is a bright, yellow kitchen.
- An example of someone sunny is a smiling hostess at a restaurant.
The definition of sunny is something that is bright, shining like the sun, or cheerful.
- Exposed to or abounding in sunshine: a sunny room.
- Cheerful; genial: a sunny smile.
(comparative sunnier, superlative sunniest)
- (of weather or a day) Featuring a lot of sunshine.
- Whilst it may be sunny today, the weather forecast is predicting rain.
- (of a place) Receiving a lot of sunshine.
- the sunny side of a hill
- I would describe Spain as sunny, but it's nothing in comparison to the Sahara.
- (figuratively, of a person or a person's mood) Cheerful.
- a sunny disposition
- Of or relating to the sun; proceeding from, or resembling the sun; brilliant; radiant.
- (US, regional) sunny side up
- A sunfish.
From sun +"Ž -y.