The definition of sunny is something that is bright, shining like the sun, or cheerful.adjective
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- An example of something sunny is a bright, yellow kitchen.
- An example of someone sunny is a smiling hostess at a restaurant.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
adjective sunnier, sunniest
- shining or bright with sunlight; full of sunshine
- bright and cheerful: a sunny smile
- of or suggestive of the sun: a sunny radiance
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Exposed to or abounding in sunshine: a sunny room.
- Cheerful; genial: a sunny smile.