- full of, or reflecting, light; bright; shining
- highly polished; glossy
- worn or rubbed smooth, and having a glossy finish
- Radiating light; bright.
- Bright from reflected light; glistening.
- Having a sheen from being rubbed or worn smooth.
(comparative shinier or more shiny, superlative shiniest or most shiny)
- Reflecting light.
- Emitting light.
- (colloquial) Excellent; remarkable.
- The Lincolnshire Poacher (traditional song)
- When I was bound apprentice in famous LincolnshireFull well I served my master for nigh on seven yearsTill I took up to poaching as you shall quickly hearOh, 'tis my delight on a shiny night in the season of the year.
- (informal) Anything shiny; a trinket.
shine +"Ž -y