- having a smooth, shiny appearance or finish
- smooth and plausible; specious
Origin of glossygloss + -y
- Photog. a print with a glossy finish
- Informal a magazine printed on glossy paper; slick
- Having a smooth, shiny, lustrous surface: glossy satin.
- Superficially and often speciously attractive; showy: glossy trendsetters.
- A photographic print on smooth, shiny paper.
- Chiefly British A popular magazine printed on smooth-coated stock.
(comparative glossier, superlative glossiest)
- (chiefly UK, informal) a glossy magazine
- The supermarket glossies are full of celebrity gossip and fad diets.
gloss + -y