A pair of black shoes polished to high shine.
- An example of polished is a pair of black shoes that shine.
- An example of polished is a diplomat with exceptional manners.
- An example of polished is a dance routine that can be done without any mistakes.
The definition of polished is shiny, refined or without errors.
- made smooth and shiny, as by rubbing
- having a naturally smooth and shiny surface
- elegant; refined
- without error or flaw; finished: a polished performance
- a. Made shiny and smooth by rubbing or chemical action.b. Naturally shiny and smooth.
- Having the husk or outer layers removed. Used of grains of rice.
- a. Refined or sophisticated: polished manners.b. Having no imperfections or errors; well-executed; flawless: gave a polished presentation to the board.
(comparative more polished, superlative most polished)
- Simple past tense and past participle of polish.