- Elegance is defined as full of richness, grace and etiquette.
An example of elegance is the manner of a princess.
Elegance in nature.
elegance definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality of being elegant; specif.,
- dignified richness and grace, as of design
- polished fastidiousness or refined grace, as in manners
- clever aptness and simplicity
- anything elegant
Origin: French élégance ; from Classical Latin elegantia
Also, esp. for elegancesense , elegancy
elegance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Refinement, grace, and beauty in movement, appearance, or manners.b. Tasteful opulence in form, decoration, or presentation.
- a. Restraint and grace of style.b. Scientific exactness and precision.
- Something elegant.