- An example of something refined is white table sugar.
- An example of someone refined is a member of the royal family.
The definition of refined is something that is made without impurities, or someone that is elegant.
- made free from other matter, or from impurities; purified
- free from crudeness or coarseness; cultivated; elegant
- characterized by great subtlety, precision, etc.
Origin of refinedpast participle of refine
- Free from coarseness or vulgarity; polite.
- Free of impurities; purified.
- Precise to a fine degree.
(comparative more refined, superlative most refined)
- Simple past tense and past participle of refine.
- The raw petroleum was refined into kerosene.