(comparative more purified, superlative most purified)
- Made or rendered pure or more pure.
- He will only drink purified water.
- simple past tense and past participle of purify
Variant of purify
transitive verbpurified, purifying
- to rid of impurities or pollution
- to free from guilt, sin, or ceremonial uncleanness
- to free from incorrect or corrupting elements
- to purge (of or from)
Origin of purifyMiddle English purifien ; from Old French purifier ; from Classical Latin purificare: see pure and amp; -fy
to become purified