- An example of refinement is removing the impurities from oil so that the oil can be processed and used to provide power.
- An example of refinement is taking a product you designed and making many small changes so it becomes cheaper to produce and more user friendly.
- An example of refinement is knowing how to behave in fine restaurants and enjoying the ballet or opera.
Refinement is the process of making something better by making small changes, or good taste and cultural elegance.
- a refining or being refined
- the result of this
- delicacy or elegance of language, speech, manners, etc.; polish; cultivation
- a development; improvement; elaboration
- a fine distinction; subtlety
- The act of refining.
- The result of refining; an improvement or elaboration.
- The state or quality of being refined; cultivation, as in manners or taste.
- A keen or precise phrasing; a subtle distinction.