- The definition of corruption means evil, decay and dishonesty.
An example of corruption is a government that pretends to be for the protection of people, but is selecting vendors based on how their contracts will benefit them personally.
- the act or fact of making, becoming, or being corrupt
- evil or wicked behavior; depravity
- bribery or similar dishonest dealings
- decay; putridity; rottenness
- something corrupted, as an improperly altered word or text
- Rare a corrupting influence
Origin: Middle English corrupcion ; from Old French corruption ; from Classical Latin corruptio ; from corruptus, corrupt
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act or process of corrupting.b. The state of being corrupt.
- Decay; rot.
- Archaic Something that corrupts.
corruption - Computer Definition
Altering of data or programs due to viruses, hardware or software failure or power failure. See data recovery.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.