- The definition of corruption means evil, decay and dishonesty.
An example of corruption is a government that pretends to be for the protection of people, but is selecting vendors based on how their contracts will benefit them personally.
corruption definition by Webster's New World
- the act or fact of making, becoming, or being corrupt
- evil or wicked behavior; depravity
- bribery or similar dishonest dealings
- decay; putridity; rottenness
- something corrupted, as an improperly altered word or text
- Rare a corrupting influence
Origin: Middle English corrupcion ; from Old French corruption ; from Classical Latin corruptio ; from corruptus, corrupt
corruption definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act or process of corrupting.b. The state of being corrupt.
- Decay; rot.
- Archaic Something that corrupts.
corruption - Computer Definition
Altering of data or programs due to viruses, hardware or software failure or power failure. See data recovery.