- Purity is the quality of being unmixed, uncontaminated or wholesome.
- An example of purity is the quality of a clear diamond with no blemishes.
- An example of purity is the virtue of a young girl with strong values.
the quality or condition of being pure; specif.,
- freedom from adulterating matter
- cleanness or clearness
- freedom from evil or sin; innocence; chastity
- freedom from corrupting elements: said of language, style, etc.
- freedom from mixture with white; color saturation
Origin of purityMiddle English purete ; from Middle French pureté ; from Late Latin puritas ; from Classical Latin purus, pure
- The quality or condition of being pure: the purity of the drug.
- Freedom from spiritual or moral defilement; innocence or chastity: “Teach your children &ellipsis; the belief in purity of body, mind and soul” (Emmeline Pankhurst).
- The degree to which a color is free from being mixed with other colors.
- A female given name from the virtue purity.