- An example of goodness is volunteering to serve meals at a homeless shelter.
- An example of goodness is the nutritious skin on a vegetable.
- the state or quality of being good; specif.,
- virtue; excellence
- kindness; generosity; benevolence
- the best part, essence, or valuable element of a thing
Origin of goodnessMiddle English goodnesse ; from Old English godnes
- The state or quality of being good.
- The beneficial or nutritious part.
(countable and uncountable, plural goodnesses)
good + -ness