- The definition of goodness is kindness, generosity or beneficial.
- An example of goodness is volunteering to serve meals at a homeless shelter.
- An example of goodness is the nutritious skin on a vegetable.
- the state or quality of being good; specif.,
- virtue; excellence
- kindness; generosity; benevolence
- the best part, essence, or valuable element of a thing
Origin: Middle English goodnesse from Old English godnes
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The state or quality of being good.
- The beneficial or nutritious part.