Angie held up both shirts and asked her husband for his honesty about which one looked better on her.
An example of honesty is telling the truth even after doing something wrong.
- the state or quality of being honest; specif.,
- Obs. honor
- a refraining from lying, cheating, or stealing; a being truthful, trustworthy, or upright
- sincerity; fairness; straightforwardness
- Archaic chastity
- any of a genus (Lunaria) of plants of the crucifer family, with purple and white flowers and large, flat, oval pods; esp., a plant (L. annua) whose pods are used in winter bouquets
Origin of honestyMiddle English honeste from Old French honesté from Classical Latin honestas from honestus
- The quality or condition of being honest; integrity.
- Truthfulness; sincerity: in all honesty.
- Archaic Chastity.
- Botany A Eurasian plant (Lunaria annua) in the mustard family, cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round, flat, papery, silver-white seedpods. Also called money plant . Also called satin flower .
(countable and uncountable, plural honesties)
From Old French honesté (French: honnêteté) (honest + -y).