- The definition of a responsibility is an obligation or duty.
An example of responsibility is having to take out the trash every night.
responsibility definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. responsibilities
- condition, quality, fact, or instance of being responsible; obligation, accountability, dependability, etc.
- a thing or person that one is responsible for
responsibility definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
noun pl. re·spon·si·bil·i·ties
- The state, quality, or fact of being responsible.
- Something for which one is responsible; a duty, obligation, or burden.
responsibility - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop EncyclopediaTHIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLYAll other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
In object technology, a processing step that an object can perform.
responsibility - Legal Definition