responsibility[ri spän′sə bil′ə tē]
- The definition of a responsibility is an obligation or duty.
An example of responsibility is having to take out the trash every night.
- condition, quality, fact, or instance of being responsible; obligation, accountability, dependability, etc.
- a thing or person that one is responsible for
- The state, quality, or fact of being responsible.
- Something for which one is responsible; a duty, obligation, or burden.
- The state of being responsible, accountable, or answerable.
- Responsibility is a heavy burden.
- A duty, obligation or liability for which someone is held accountable.
- Why didn't you clean the house? That was your responsibility!
- The responsibility of the great states is to serve and not to dominate the world - Harry S. Truman
- (military) The obligation to carry forward an assigned task to a successful conclusion. With responsibility goes authority to direct and take the necessary action to ensure success. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- (military) The obligation for the proper custody, care, and safekeeping of property or funds entrusted to the possession or supervision of an individual. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
responsibility - Computer Definition
In object technology, a processing step that an object can perform.