Devon is very helpful around the house and is eager to take responsibility for helping his dad fold the laundry.
An example of responsibility is having to take out the trash every night.
- condition, quality, fact, or instance of being responsible; obligation, accountability, dependability, etc.
- a thing or person that one is responsible for
- The state, quality, or fact of being responsible.
- Something for which one is responsible; a duty, obligation, or burden.
- The state of being responsible, accountable, or answerable.
- Responsibility is a heavy burden.
- A duty, obligation or liability for which someone is held accountable.
- Why didn't you clean the house? That was your responsibility!
- The responsibility of the great states is to serve and not to dominate the world - Harry S. Truman
- (military) The obligation to carry forward an assigned task to a successful conclusion. With responsibility goes authority to direct and take the necessary action to ensure success. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- (military) The obligation for the proper custody, care, and safekeeping of property or funds entrusted to the possession or supervision of an individual. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
responsibility - Computer Definition
In object technology, a processing step that an object can perform.