- Response is defined as an answer to a question.
An example of response is what happens after the question during a question and answer discussion.
- The definition of response is a reaction after something is done.
An example of response is how someone reacts to an ink blot on a card.
Students raise their hands in response to the teachers question.
- something said or done in answer; reply or reaction
- a word or words used in replying to or affirming a prayer, reading, or exhortation
- Electronics the ratio of the output to the input, as for a given frequency, of a device or system operating under specified conditions
- Physiol., Psychol. any biological reaction or behavior resulting from the application of a stimulus
Origin of responseMiddle English respounse ; from Medieval Latin respons ; from Classical Latin responsum, neuter of responsus, past participle of respondere: see respond
- The act of responding.
- A reply or an answer.
- A reaction, as that of an organism or a mechanism, to a specific stimulus.
- a. Ecclesiastical Something that is spoken or sung by a congregation or choir in answer to the officiating minister or priest.b. A responsory.
Origin of responseMiddle English respons, from Old French, from Latin respōnsum, from neuter past participle of respondēre, to respond; see respond.
- An answer or reply, or something in the nature of an answer or reply.
- The act of responding or replying; reply: as, to speak in response to a question.
- An oracular answer.
- (liturgics) A verse, sentence, phrase, or word said or sung by the choir or congregation in sequence or reply to the priest or officiant.
- (liturgics) A versicle or anthem said or sung during or after a lection; a respond or responsory.
- A reply to an objection in formal disputation.
- An online advertising performance metric representing one click-through from an online ad to its destination URL.
- A reaction to a stimulus or provocation.