- Response is defined as an answer to a question.
An example of response is what happens after the question during a question and answer discussion.
- The definition of response is a reaction after something is done.
An example of response is how someone reacts to an ink blot on a card.
Students raise their hands in response to the teachers question.
response definition by Webster's New World
- something said or done in answer; reply or reaction
- a word or words used in replying to or affirming a prayer, reading, or exhortation
- Electronics the ratio of the output to the input, as for a given frequency, of a device or system operating under specified conditions
- Physiol., Psychol. any biological reaction or behavior resulting from the application of a stimulus
Origin: Middle English respounse ; from Midieval Latin respons ; from Classical Latin responsum, neuter of responsus, past participle of respondere: see respond
response definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of responding.
- A reply or an answer.
- A reaction, as that of an organism or a mechanism, to a specific stimulus.
- a. Ecclesiastical Something that is spoken or sung by a congregation or choir in answer to the officiating minister or priest.b. A responsory.
Origin: Middle English respons, from Old French, from Latin respōnsum, from neuter past participle of respondēre, to respond; see respond.
response - Business Definition
response - Medical Definition
response - Science Definition