- The definition of a yak is a long-haired wilk ox used for milk and meat in Tibet and Asia.
An example of a yak is a Gannan yak.
- Yak is defined as to talk.
When a teenage girl gossips, it is an example of yak.
A yak in the Himalayas.
yak definition by Webster's New World
- idle or voluble talk
- a loud laugh, esp. as audience response to comedy
- a joke or comic bit that evokes such a laugh
- yakker noun
yak definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A wild, shaggy-haired ox (Bos grunniens) of the mountains of central Asia.
- A domesticated yak, used as a work animal or raised for meat and milk.
Origin: Tibetan gyag.
also yack Slangintransitive verb yakked yakked also yacked, yak·king also yack·ing, yaks yaks also yacks
- yakˈker noun
Variant of yak