- The definition of acknowledgment is giving someone recognition for something that he did or something he gave to you.
An example of acknowledgment is giving an employee of the month award to the best performing employee.
- Acknowledgment is defined as admitting or saying that you know something, or that something is true.
An example of acknowledgment is admitting to a friend that you made a mistake.
- an acknowledging or being acknowledged; admission; avowal
- something done or given in acknowledging, as an expression of thanks
- recognition of the authority or claims of
- a legal avowal or certificate
- The act of admitting the existence or truth of something: acknowledgment that the service was poor.
- a. Recognition or notice: peace based on acknowledgment of a nation's sovereignty.b. An expression of thanks or appreciation: included acknowledgments of people who helped in making the book.
- An answer or response in return for something: sent an acknowledgment of receipt of the letter.
- Law The formal avowal of an act before a legally empowered officer, such as a judge or notary public, to ensure that the act will be legally recognized.
- The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
- The act of owning or recognizing in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
- An award or other expression or token of appreciation.
- An owning with gratitude of a benefit or an obligation (as in "acknowledgment" of a fav).
- A message from the addressee informing the originator that the originator's communication has been received and understood, as a wedding invitation's acknowledgment.
- (Telecommunications, computing, networking) A response (ACK) sent by a receiver to indicate successful receipt of a transmission.
- See transmission
- An owning as genuine or valid; an avowing or admission in legal form (as in "acknowledgment of a deed").
- (law) A formal statement or document recognizing the fulfillment or execution of a legal requirement or procedure.
acknowledgment - Legal Definition
- The recognition of a fact or the existence of an obligation and the acceptance of the accompanying legal responsibility. For example, a putative father may acknowledge a child as his during a paternity proceeding.
- One’s formal declaration in the presence of a notary public or other authorized individual that she has signed a deed or other document and that the signature is authentic.